Important Attributes: STR, VIT and AGI
Zeny is a unique resource used by Merchant skills. Playing a Merchant revolves around the collection and spending of money. As you collect more Zeny your attack power goes up, but many of the merchant’s skills involve spending Zeny. Collecting money with Discount and Overcharge are the secret to success as a merchant.
The current Zeny amount is shown near the top-right corner of the screen, next to a gold coin. In multiplayer games, it is shared among players. At the start of a stage, players have 10 Zeny. It has a limit of 99.
Merchant Morale: The Zeny damage bonus is 20% at 99 Zeny. At lower Zeny values, it is 20% * Zeny/99. The damage bonus stacks multiplicatively with other damage factors. The bonus is only for melee attacks, and is not applied Pushcart (summon and falling) and Cart Revolution's thrown cart. All other Merchant attacks are melee.
Zeny is acquired by using moves to drop it on the floor, and then walking over the dropped coins. These moves drop Zeny:
- Discount: 5 Zeny per deflected hit.
- Overcharge: 1 Zeny per enemy punched. Merchant-M punches 4 times, while Merchant-F punches 5 times.
Zeny is used for:
- Drink A Potion (3 Zeny): Heal random amount% of HP.
- Pushcart (2 Zeny): Summon a cart to follow you. Needed for certain skills.
- Vending (5 Zeny): Throw many healing Items.
- Mammonite (10 Zeny): Big attack with large AoE.
|Cart Revolution||↓↓ B (Cart)||Pushcart (3)||Use Cart to attack (Unique to each gender)|
|Crazy Uproar||↓↘→ B||default||STR is increased for a fixed time.|
|Enlarge Weight Limit||passive||default||Amount of items dropped by Vending increases, Increases Arrow limit.|
|Pushcart||↓↓ B (No Cart)||Enlarge Weight Limit (3)||2 Zeny: Summon a cart that follows the Merchant|
|Vending||↓↓ D (Cart)||Pushcart (3)||5 Zeny: Spreads a large number of items around the player|
|Mammonite||↓↓ A||default||10 Zeny: A high-damage area attack.|
|Chain Attack 1 (Male)||A A||AGI 10||A second Weak Attack if the first Weak Attack hits|
|Chain Attack 1 (Female)||A A||LUK 10||A second Weak Attack if the first Weak Attack hits|
|Discount||D||default||If you successfully block an attack, you get 5 Zeny|
|Overcharge||↓↘→ A||default||Grab an enemy and hit multiple times to get Zeny|
|Overcharge Finisher||Overcharge A||STR 20 + DEX 10||End Overcharge with a strong attack.|
|Drink A Potion||↓↘→ D||default||3 Zeny: Drink a random Potion for 10-20% HP heal.|
|Ready Attack (Male Only)||→→ A||INT 10||
Backs up a short distance then tackles forward.
|Hip Attack (Male Only)||→→ B (+Air)||STR 10 + DEX 15||Using Hip to attack forward while jumping|
|Rolling Over (Female Only)||→→ A||AGI 10||Roll forward|
|Drop Kick (Female Only)||→→ B (+Air)||STR 10 + DEX 15||Use the kick forward. can be use in the Air.|
- Level 12 = +1 DEX + 1 VIT
- Level 20 = +1 STR
- Level 28 = +1 DEX
Other than the normal differences such as Males have higher HP and Females have higher MP. The most notable uniqueness are:
- Several skills have different animations and properties, including Mammonite, Cart Revolution, Overcharge, and Discount.
Merchant only, other jobs have some different effects for certain stats.
- STR: Increases MIN and MAX ATK for physical attack.
- AGI: Increases animation for every movement and Dodge chance.
- VIT: Increases max HP, HP regeneration, overall Defense, resistance against Super Armor / flinching.
- INT: Increases max SP, SP regeneration, overall Magic Attack for all magic attack
- DEX: More MIN ATK damage. Every 10 DEX , you can chain in a combo another Strong Attack.
- LUK: Increases Critical attacks